The castle farmstead below the castle Ľubovňa was built as early as the Middle Ages. At least since 17 century, when the farmstead was under the ownership of the Lubomirski noble family, it has been extended with “Palarnia” distillery. Its state is known since 1746 from official documents. Another written document is known from this year, which mentions beczka z wódki wielka dobra (good big barrel of vodka) to be located on the ground floor of the gothic castle palace Ľubovňa in 1746.
In the mid-18th century, when the castle was held by the Polish queen Mary Josephine, the castle underwent a magnificent restoration at that time, which included a restoration of the large stone distillery. The basis of the old distillery stands today under the castle as a testimony of the great and valuable distilling history of this region and city of Stará Ľubovňa, whose sources and knowledge remains in modern days in the products so exceptional as Goral itself. Goral product line is a historical re-presentation of what our ancestors proudly called the “good spirit”. It reflects the splendour of the royal age as well as the daily life imbued with hard work and a respect for people called and remembered as GORALS.